Replacing the impeller pins was not as simple as described at least for my Sears snow thrower. The new pins could not be installed in the auger housing since there was no room around the impeller to pound them in. I determined it would be necessary to remove the entire auger assembly to get this done. After separating the auger housing from the engine housing, I could not remove the auger pulley from the auger/impeller shaft . After removing the two bolts holding pulley to the shaft, it would not budge. I had to pound it off the shaft using wood blocks and a sledge hammer! I inserted the blocks under the pulley and pounded with the sledge hammer. After about 20 minutes and several broken 2x4 pieces it finally came loose. Unfortunately, I then found that the bearing ring would not slip off the end of the shaft either. I ended up sanding the shaft with emery cloth for about 15 minutes or so to get the bearing ring to finally slide off. At this point I could pull the entire auger assembly (including the impeller), out of the snow blower housing. I then found pieces of the old impeller pins, which had broken off, still jammed in the impeller mounting holes in the shaft. More banging and pounding required! I started with a steel punch but that only seemed to jam what was left of the pins more firmly into the shaft holes. I finally ended up using a 1/4" diameter x 6" long steel rod to pound out the remaining pin pieces. Once the old pieces were out, installing the new pins was a snap. Just pounded them in with a carpenters hammer.