Skip to content
Manage My Life

Why is the cold water trickling out on my Kenmore washer model 110.26902691?

I have a Kenmore washer model 110.26902691. The cold water is trickling out. What is wrong?

Kenmore , Washers
Sign in to answer a question
1 Answer from this member:
Lyle W
If I understand your symptoms correctly, you are indicating that cold water is trickling into the washer when it is turned off or just trickling in when it is filling.

If cold water is filling slowly, take these steps:

Unplug the washer.

Turn off the cold water supply faucet.

Remove the fill hose connected to the back of the washer.

Check the fill screen on the cold water inlet valve for debris or deposits that can restrict the water flow. If necessary, you can carefully pull the screen out and clean it. Flush the inlet thoroughly and replace the screen. NOTE: If debris makes it past this screen, it can cause the valve to leak and cause a flood in your laundry room. Monitor the washer for this type of problem is you pull the screen out and clean it.

Place the end of the hose in a bucket and briefly turn on the faucet to check for proper pressure and flow from the cold water hose. If water pressure from the cold inlet water hose is bad, check the hose for clogs. If the hose is okay, then I recommend calling a plumber to check the water supply to your washer cold water faucet.

If the above checks do not help you resolve the fill problem, you will likely need to replace the inlet fill valve.

If the washer is filling when turned off, try unplugging the washer to see if the trickling stops. This step will determine whether the cold water inlet valve is opening due to voltage being applied to it. It will likely continue to trickle. If it does, shut off the cold water supply faucet behind the washer. If the trickle stops, then the water inlet mixing valve (part number 285805) is leaking and will need to be replaced. You can order this part from the

Sears PartsDirect


If you are certain that the water inlet mixing valve needs to be replaced and want to replace it yourself, here are the steps to access it:

Unplug the washer to disconnect electrical power.

Remove the plastic end caps from each side of the washer console.

Remove the screws on each side of the console that secure it to the top panel of the washer.

Pull the console slightly forward and then hinge it up and back over the top of the back washer panel as illustrated in the image below.

Follow the steps in the image below to pull the washer cabinet off and access the water inlet mixing valve.

Do not attempt this procedure unless you are completely confident in your technical ability to properly complete it. If in doubt, call a service technician to replace the water valve.

If you need more help, resubmit your question with additional details.
by Lyle W Earned 136,254 community points in Kenmore
February 16th, 2009
0 votes
Didn't find what you are looking for? Ask a question
Get up to
% off
On Washers