?
Manage My Life

Microwave functions normally but no heat. Kenmore model #721 63259301

Microwave functions normally but does not heat beverages, foods, etc. I have unplugged the unit and tried again after resetting the clock with no results. The screen indicates the unit is at 100 power. I have checked the voltage at the plug and getting 120V.

Tags
Kenmore , Microwaves
Sign in to answer a question
2 Answers from these members:
Joey S
I understand your concern and I can understand you wanting to repair it but,

microwaves inherently store huge amounts of voltage which can cause severe bodily injuries or could be fatal. For this reason DO NOT attempt to diagnose and repair your microwave

.

Based on your symptom, it could have a failed microcomputer board, magnetron, High voltage diode, high voltage transformer, door switch or just a loose wiring connection.

You can take it in and have it repaired by a Sears technician or you could have a technician come to your house and repair it. Here is a link that will provide the nearest drop-off locations:

Sears Home Services

.
by Joey S Earned 1,944 community points in Kenmore
October 22nd, 2010
Answered in 24 hours
Comment
0 votes
afritz afritz
Microwaves are one of the top handiest tiny appliances used in my household, it can be disappointing when something so handy just gives out. I have taken some time to further your search here on Manage My Life and came across an answer from an expert. I have attached the link below. I hope your microwave gets fixed soon!

managemylife.com/mmh/questions/114298-microwave-heat-1
by afritz afritz Earned 1,258 community points in Kenmore
October 21st, 2010
Answered in 33 minutes
Comment
0 votes
Didn't find what you are looking for? Ask a question