Skip to content
Manage My Life

kenmore gas range, model 790 - trying to replace orifice in right rear burner.

we have a new kenmore gas range, model 790 - we are trying to replace the orifice in the right rear burner. the cooktop does not seem to lift up for access. how do i access the orifice?


Gas Grills , Kenmore , Ranges , Appliances
Sign in to answer a question
3 Answers from these members:
Manage My Life
Changing the orifice on your right burner can be a little challenging, unless your a do-it-yourself kind of person. After doing some research I found a question in Manage My Life that was similar to the one you asked. The expert responded with some instructions on how to replace your orifice. I also found a link that has instructions on how to remove the top to your Kenmore Gas Range. I'm attaching both links below, I hope these are helpful to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!,wbsrgdbkrddbstbxgtqsskgwtqkq,vi/grdtwgddtxgswgkkwbq/1/1303472/5961857/image29189img-or.gif
by Manage My Life
November 2nd, 2010
Answered in 22 minutes
0 votes
Sam A
Thank you for your question.

I can understand you problem with getting that burner converted. The hole is two small to get the driver through.

Without the complete model number I cannot tell for sure,but most of the new burner heads have two 3/16 hex head screws that holds the burner head to the cooktop.

If you remove that small burner head you should be able to get to the orifice to change it to LP.

Look at the two pictures below.

If you have a different model than what I described please use the link to give the exact model so I can give you more precise instructions.

Thank you for using Manage My Life.
by Sam A Earned 29,003 community points in Kenmore
November 2nd, 2010
Answered in 2 hours
0 votes
Didn't find what you are looking for? Ask a question
Get up to
% off
On Gas Grills