There is a possibility that you have a coating of residue in the ice mold of the ice maker that is causing this problem. I recommend that you unplug the refrigerator and remove the ice maker from the wall in the freezer. It should be secured by screws. Unplug the wiring harness and completely remove the module. Examine the ice mold for a build-up of deposits. If you see hard water residue in the mold, you can use white vinegar to clean the deposits out. Rinse the ice maker and mount it back in the freezer. Don't forget to plug the wiring harness back in. Also, if the water supply line to the refrigerator is plastic, I recommend replacing it with a copper waterline. This may help you resolve this taste and smell problem with the ice. If you require further assistance, please respond tot his thread with more information.