Oil leak in rear axle of 20hp Sears Craftsman Lawn Tractor
Hello - We have a sears craftman lawn tractor Model # 917.28813 I noticed there was oil coming out of the right back wheel. I chatted online with a representative from Sears and they said that the back axle has 3 seals - #29 part 407123, #4 part 407114, #47 part 407129 - so I purchased all three. I also purchase gear oil. I asked if they came with instructions and the guy told me they did but now that I have received 2 of the seals (3rd one on backorder) - I didn't get any instructions. My husband is handy and I don't think we will have a problem but we are questioning the three seals that we purchased. Here are my questions -
1. How would you go about fixing this problem? - We thought change all seals but I don't know if I got all the correct seals and parts for the job.
2. Can we try changing the gear oil and see if it happens again. The tractor isn't leaking any more but it may be out of gear oil - we don't know.
3. Where and how do you add the gear oil?
4. Do you have instructions on fixing this issue?
5. Anything else you can think of that I didn't ask?
Thank you very much.
to answer a question
Didn't find what you are looking for?
Get up to
On Lawn Tractors