Skip to content
Manage My Life

What is the easiest way to fix a sinking sidewalk?

I have a cement walkway running right alongside my house. One of the sections has sunk a little on the house side. This causes water to pool up along side my house and seep into my basement. What is the easiest way to fix the sinking sidewalk?

Building Supplies
Sign in to answer a question
1 Answer from this member:
Manage My Life
"Mud jacking" is a possibility.A few holesare drilled in the sidewalk and a slurry of concrete is pumped into these holes. This literally lifts the section of sidewalk. This process is often done with large concrete slabs such as patios and driveways. It is probably not economically viable for a small section of sidewalk. Because of the age of your house the soil next to the foundation wall is no longer settling. Therefore, we would suggest breaking up and replacing the existing section of sidewalk with one that slopes in the right direction. As an alternative, the surface of the existing sidewalk could be roughened and additional concrete poured on top to achieve the slope that you are looking for.
by Manage My Life
April 26th, 2007
Answered in 0 seconds
0 votes
Didn't find what you are looking for? Ask a question
Get up to
% off
On Building Supplies