Skip to content
Manage My Life

How do I remove the fins inside my dryer drum to remove change trapped inside them?

I have a Kenmore HE3 dryer with three fins in it. The dryer is a front load that is about 10 years old. The change got under the fins and every time the drum rolls around the change makes noise. I need to remove the fins and get the change out. How do I do that?

Dryers , Kenmore , Washers
Sign in to answer a question
1 Answer from this member:
Lyle W
To access the screws that hold down the fins, you will need to

unplug the dryer

and remove the top panel. Remove the screws at the back of the top panel that secure it to the dryer cabinet. Pull the back of the panel up and back to remove it. Once you have the top panel removed, you will have access to the screws on the outside of the drum that hold down the fins (baffles). Loosen or remove the screws as needed to access the area where the change is trapped.
by Lyle W Earned 136,254 community points in Kenmore
June 4th, 2008
0 votes
Didn't find what you are looking for? Ask a question
Get up to
% off
On Dryers