Skip to content
stbrennan stbrennan

How do I repair a warped spot from water on a wood table?

Water sat on the table overnight. The spot (light oak wood)discolored and got about four/five "pimple like size" bubbles. Is there any way to repair this myself?

Building Supplies
Sign in to answer a question
1 Answer from this member:
Wayne A
To get rid of the bubbles, you could try a warm iron placed on a rag or towel and set on hte area with the bubbles. This would dry all the moisture from the wood. Then using a super fine sandpaper #0000 you could try to buff the stain off. It depends how deep the moisture has gone down into the wood. I would recommend contacting a furniture refinisher to take a look at your table to see if this can be done with ease.
by Wayne A Earned 329 community points in Building Supplies
June 10th, 2008
Answered in 20 hours
0 votes
Didn't find what you are looking for? Ask a question
Get up to
% off
On Building Supplies