Manage My Life

I have a Craftsman weedeater model 358.791580 that I need to change the throttle cable on. Can you help?

by Manage My Life
September 11th, 2008

The model number on my Craftsman weedeater is 358.791580. I need to change the throttle assembly but I'm not sure how to get the housing apart to access the cable.

Craftsman , Hand Gardening Tools , Tools
Sign in to answer a question
2 Answers from these members:
Manage My Life
Go to sears.com and select parts. Enter the model number of your trimmer and you will be offered 2 selections. Choose "driveshaft/handle/shield" and you can see a parts diagram of how the throttle housing is put together.

Remove the 2 screws on the side and the housing will separate. Separate it slowly and look at the positioning of the throttle cable and the other parts inside it. Draw yourself a picture if you want so you can reassemble it easily.
by Manage My Life
September 11th, 2008
Add comment
0 votes
To view more answers
Join Now
Didn't find what you are looking for? Ask a question