Skip to content
Manage My Life

The wood that my gutters are attached to seems rotted. How do I fix this problem?

The area is in a corner where 2 gutters of different levels meet. The gutter on the lower end is falling off and the wood seems to be rotting.

Building Supplies
Sign in to answer a question
1 Answer from this member:
Manage My Life
The wood behind the gutter is called the fascia board. If the fascia board has had water leaking over it or behind it over a long period of time it will certainly rot out. Many people cover the fascia with metal, or at least paint it regularly to protect it. To fix this means removing the gutter and cutting out the rotted section of fascia. A new board can then be installed. While the gutter is off, you should consider adding a metal covering to the fascia. At minimum, paint it before reinstalling the gutter.
by Manage My Life
July 14th, 2009
0 votes
Didn't find what you are looking for? Ask a question
Get up to
% off
On Building Supplies