Skip to content
Manage My Life

How do I replace the lock on my Craftsman tool box model 706650232?

I have no idea what tool I should be using or how one would go about releasing the lock from the cabinet so that I can replace them with new keyed locks.

Craftsman , Tools
Sign in to answer a question
1 Answer from this member:
Lyle W
The lock is attached to a rod that goes back to an actuator in the back of the tool box. I don't have any procedures on removing and replacing the lock. A replacement lock with keys is available. The part number is M12918A10SS. You can order it from the

Sears PartsDirect


Once you get the new lock, you may be able to determine how it is attached to the cabinet and the rod. It appears that you will need to remove the rod and then remove the fastener that is securing the lock in place. If you are not certain about how to remove it, you may need to have a locksmith replace the lock.
by Lyle W Earned 6,475 community points in Craftsman
March 25th, 2010
0 votes
Didn't find what you are looking for? Ask a question
Get up to
% off
On Tools