Manage My Life

replace fuse in Sharp carousel R-1850-A microwave

there is power at ac plug. This a Sharp R-1850-A microwave. How do I remove control panel

to gain excess to fuse.

Microwaves , Appliances
Sign in to answer a question
3 Answers from these members:
Lyle W
I see that you got some help from a previous answer provided by Jacqueline S. I do not recommend that you open the microwave cabinet yourself unless you are a trained technician and know how to safely discharge a capacitor.

This type of internal component in a microwave should only be accessed by a technician. Internal high voltage components inside the microwave cavity can retain a lethal electrical charge even when the microwave is completely unplugged. A microwave radiation shielding test must be performed on the unit using proper testing equipment following any internal component access and/or repair. These are the reasons that I recommend having this type of failure serviced by a technician. Here is a link for the Sears Service website:

Sears Home Services

by Lyle W Earned 3,075 community points in Appliances
August 23rd, 2010
0 votes
To view more answers
Join Now
Didn't find what you are looking for? Ask a question
Get up to
% off
On Microwaves