Manage My Life

F2 displayed on Whirlpool Range

by Manage My Life Last activity date:
October 28th, 2010

Hello All,
I have a whirlpool Range, model:SF216LXSQ0 seriel # VEU4107287 that displays "F2". Once this condition is displayed, the stove control pannel become inopperable and must be unplugged, or as we do, flip the breaker off and then flip it back on. We noticed that when this event occurs the oven has not reached temperature. Weeks prior to receiving the "F2" code, the display pannel would display "CLR". to "fix" the "CLR" issue, we just pressed the clear button. But now with the "F2" code this has become unbarable because the oven stops operating.

Any recommendation on how to resolve this issue or what needs to be replaced.

Gary Sperano

Ranges , Wall Ovens , Whirlpool , Appliances
Be the first to comment
Ask your friends
Answers (3)
Lyle W
Sorry about the mix-up on the above response.

The F2 error code indicates that you have a shorted key on the control. You will need to replace the control board to fix this type of failure. The part number for the black control is W10114388. The white control is part number W10114387. You can order the control board from the

Sears PartsDirect


If you want to fix this failure yourself, you can follow these steps to replace the control:

Unplug the range

(or shut off the circuit breaker) to completely disconnect electrical power.

Pull the range forward and remove the upper back panel of the range. NOTE: Internal metal edges and the sides of the back panel can be sharp. Protective gloves are recommended.

Note the locations of the wires attached to the existing control board. (I normally take a digital picture to document the locations.)

Remove the wires from the existing control board.

Remove the screws that mount the control board to the console panel.

Mount the new control board and reassemble the range in reverse order.

If you need more help, reply with additional details and we will assist you further.

If you do not feel confident repairing this problem yourself, then you can have it repaired at your home by a Sears technician. Here is a link for the website:

Sears Home Services

Answered in 12 minutes
by Lyle W
October 28th, 2010
| Be the first to comment
0 votes
To view more answers
Join Now
Add your own answer
Sign in to answer a question
Didn't find what you are looking for? Ask a question