I apologize. I forgot to come back here! I DID receive a brand new oven, in early February 2013. I paid $150 for the adminstrative fees. I chose not to make an issue with this fee as my original oven was purchased in late 2005. (The new stove delivery was delayed partially due to my being out of town for the holidays, and partially because my contact was out of work sick for several days)
Here is the timeline from notes I kept:
Jenn Air division
Monday, November 26, 2012
Lelani from TN. Very nice, took report, transferred me to “safety.”
Safety at Jenn Air
Arranged for unit to be looked at with no charge to me on November 27, 2012, by local repair, between 8 and 12.
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Repair came out.
Initially, when he called in to Jenn Air, they said the racks were bent and to replace them. I pointed out that if they were bent, they wouldn't fit tightly into the other support positions, which they do. They told him to replace the racks with slightly larger racks, but then those wouldn't fit into the tighter positions. He realized I was right, measured everything and called them back.
He measured the racks at exactly 24 inches, with a metal, non bending ruler. The gap measurement between the supports measured more. Front gap was wider than back of stove, and positions 2 and 3 from the bottom up were the widest.
Once he called back and explained, they declared the oven unfixable. He spoke with Bob at Jenn Air tech support.
I then spent a couple of weeks playing phone tag with the safety department, but eventually picked a comparable oven, and it was eventually installed. I was charged $150 administrative fee, and I was able to select a local, trusted store to deliver and install the new oven.
I was friendly throughout, trusting that they would work with me, and they did.
I hope this helps someone else.