Skip to content
Manage My Life

How do I get the part shown on page 18 of the manual for the Sears Craftsman snow thrower, model no. 247887001?

The part that I need is shown on the handle with the #2 to identify it. The #2 actually identifies a machined screw but the part I need is the plastic part through which the screw passes and it is not identified. Its purpose is to clamp the cables that operate the power to the wheels and the auger.

Where can I get this part? I had to drive to Cleveland when it broke the first time and would rather order it so I can get it either sent to me or to the closest Sears store in Fairlawn, OH.

I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Craftsman , Snow Removal Equipment
Sign in to answer a question
2 Answers from these members:
Joseph Perez
It is unfortunate that you had to drive so far last time you needed a part for your snow thrower. While you are waiting for an expert answer, I did manage to find a link in where you can enter your model number and a parts list diagram will pop up in where you can order some great parts. I hope my link is useful.
by Joseph Perez Earned 1,645 community points in Craftsman
December 7th, 2010
Answered in 5 minutes
0 votes
Manage My Life
That part is the cable fitting and is part number 731-04216A.

You can order the part


or you can contact your local store and have them order it in so you can pick it up there.

If we can assist any further, please let us know.

Thank you for using Manage My Life!
by Manage My Life
December 8th, 2010
Answered in 19 hours
0 votes
Didn't find what you are looking for? Ask a question
Get up to
% off
On Snow Removal Equipment