Departments
Brands
Top Brands
Brands You Follow
Stores
Nearby
You Visited
You Follow
You Search For
Topics
Hottests Topics
Catalogs
Featured Catalogs
People
Trendsetters
People Like You
Apps
Your apps
Discover apps
Get Advice
Top Questions
Your Q&A
Friends Asked
Ask A Question | Show All Questions
More on ShopYourWay
Monica Slaton

How to fix burn mark inside microwave?

by Monica Slaton Last activity date:
February 21st

There's a small burn mark inside my Kenmore microwave (model 721.80413) next to the bracket that holds the metal cooking rack. Is there anything I can use to fill/paint this? If not, is it safe to continue using the microwave this way?


Your help would be much appreciated.

Tags:
Kenmore , Microwaves , Appliances
Be the first to comment
Ask your friends
Answers (4)
Doreen Paci
I did something similar. Put a metal pan and the handle caused a burn and slight indentation at the back of the microwave. Is there a paint like substance that can be put over this to seal, or cover. The microwave is very new and I don't want to have to replace it? Thanks
by Doreen Paci
February 21st
| Be the first to comment
0 votes
Manage My Life
Putting a large bowl of water inside the microwave with some baking soda (not too much) and a few drops of real lemon juice may help with removing the burn mark. Cook for 1 or 2 minutes, let sit 20 minutes. Take a clean rag and clean it. This should help it come right out, and the lemon gives it a nice clean scent.

You should still be able to use the microwave unless you feel that the burn is serious enough to allow microwaves to escape. You may want to have a radiation leakage test done if that is the case.
by Manage My Life
January 10th, 2011
| Be the first to comment
0 votes
Monica Slaton
Thanks for the quick response, Joseph!

I have just learned that my type of burn is called an 'arc mark', which is different than the usual burn spots that tend to occur with normal usage. I believe mine was caused by the metal rack not being placed properly placed in its plastic supports. I've removed the metal rack to ensure no further damage and would like to find a proper fix or at least get assurance that it's not a safety issue.

Unfortunately, the manual and it does not address this type of an issue. I'm hoping someone out there has an answer.
Answered in 40 minutes
by Monica Slaton
January 8th, 2011
| Be the first to comment
0 votes
Joseph Perez
I understand your concern toward having burned spots in your microwave and its best to keep your microwave cleaned. While you are waiting for an expert answer, I suggest you look in your owners manual to find how to properly clean the inside. Below is a link in where you can enter your model number and your owners manual will pop up and your owners manual will pop. I hope my link is useful.
Answered in 8 minutes
by Joseph Perez
January 8th, 2011
| Be the first to comment
0 votes
Add your own answer
Sign in to answer a question
Didn't find what you are looking for? Ask a question