So frustrated with Craftsman 25cc Gas Blower not starting - model #358.797170 - 2 Cycle
I have made another post on this piece of machine and starting issues, but am writing a new one to summarize all I have tried to do to get it to start/run. I hear many say Craftsman gas tools aren't made like they used to and are trouble now. I tried to not believe it, but honestly I'm starting to agree. I got this gas leaf blower used cheap and tried to fix it. I would've left it where it was if I knew how much trouble it was. :(
This seems ridiculous that it won't run. Here's what I have done to date. I'm out of ideas/options.
- Changed spark plug - uses CJ-6Y
- Rinsed/cleaned foam air filter - looks fine
- Had to tighten engine block as two main bolts seemed a bit loose probably causing compression issues. Totally fine now. I'm not sure how to check pistons/gaskets, but...
- Completely cleaned spark plug arrestor screen - it was completely caked over with 0 clearance - used wire brush - now looks like new
- Total rebuild of Zama Carbeurator - model # C1Q - W11C 36A. Bought new rebuild kit (RB-47) and replaced all gaskets. Did carb cleaning too.
- Installed new fuel lines. Installed new fuel filter - I did have to enlarge the gas line hole in the tank slightly that accepts the fuel filter as I couldn't find replacement line that matched the old. It's now the same diameter as the fuel line that goes to the inlet in the tank. Lines are tight - no leakage out of the thank.
I checked compression with a tester. Three pulls showed 110, 130, 150...I thought 90+ compression is enough to start.
I used a spark tester. Lit up just fine. If I put a little starter spray in the carb, it'll turn over, but die out.
When I push the primer bulb, it fills up with fuel easily and depresses just fine.
I have no idea how to adjust H/L settings on carb.
I mean geez....what else is left? I won't put anymore $$$$ into it as it's not worth it. It's not that good of a unit. :) However, I did invest some so I hate getting nothing out of my investment to date.
to answer a question
21 Answers from these members:
Didn't find what you are looking for?
Get up to
On Gas Blowers