Skip to content

Craftsman 18" Aluminum Level - Replacement Lens

by rcsec

I picked up a vintage Craftsman 18" Aluminum Level - AR 3988. The vials in this old tool are still functional & readable but 3 of the glass protective lens are either broken or missing. Are replacement lens (& orange retainers) still available from Sears (or the original manufacturer) or is substitute available or perhaps easily fabricated?



Craftsman , Ranges , Tools
Sign in to answer a question
2 Answers from these members:
Manage My Life
Definitely having to do repairs yourself can be a challenge to help in determining if you have the right part I would suggest visiting Sears parts where you can view a diagram of all parts available for your Leveler I have attached a link below. Hope it helps!
by Manage My Life
February 1st, 2012
Answered in 6 minutes
0 votes
Sam A
Thank you for your question on the old vintage 18 inch Craftsman level.

The level was probably made by Empire level corp. But they do not have any replacement parts for the older levels, only for the new models.

I am sorry that I was not able to help you with your request.

When doing research I did see a couple of these levels on the e-bay site by model number AR3988 and they looked to be in pretty good shape for less than $15.00.

You might want to pursue that avenue.

Sam A.
by Sam A Earned 21,915 community points in Craftsman
February 2nd, 2012
Answered in 22 hours
0 votes
Didn't find what you are looking for? Ask a question
Get up to
% off
On Ranges