Manage My Life

I have a Kenmore Elite microwave/hood combo unit (model 721.88503) that was mounted to vent to the roof. Now I want to change it to vent thru the back.

What parts do I need to convert it from venting thru the top to venting to the rear? My new kitchen is on the outside wall of the house so this should be easy but I'm guessing I need some additional ducts to have my contractor put in the wall in preparation for the microwave venting to the rear. Also, I don't have any of the paper templates that the unit came with, can I get those some where? Maybe purchase the whole kit for venting to the rear?


Kenmore , Microwaves , Appliances
Sign in to answer a question
5 Answers from these members:
Manage My Life
Changing the venting to an appliance, especially a microwave may be necessary. I was able to locate the installation manual which may have some of the information needed while you wait for the expert response. I also added the link to Sears Parts Direct for any additional parts. I hope this helps with this venting project.
by Manage My Life
May 24th, 2012
Answered in 7 minutes
0 votes
To view more answers
Join Now
Didn't find what you are looking for? Ask a question