Sorry, I thought my input was more of a search than an inquiry. Here's the deal:
I have a Craftsmen cordless drill, Model # 973.111430 I still have the two 16.8 batteries that came with the unit. (it is probably over 10 years old).
One battery is dead and other is still working. However, when I try to charge either battery, the red light on the charge comes for a second, or two, and then goes out. It does the same thing on the dead battery and the one that is somewhat charged. I just don't know if it is the battery or the charger. Do you know if the red light stays on all the time or goes out when the battery is charged?