Manage My Life

How do I replace the charcoal filter in my microwave?

I own a Kitchenaid model KHMS1850SBL-1 and the charcoal filter part number is 8205146. The owner's manual says the filter is supposed to go behind the "vent grille" but there is nothing behind there that would fit the charcoal filter. The exploded diagram on the Sears Parts Direct appears to imply it goes on top of the grease filters, but there is nothing on top of them either and no apparent way to mount a charcoal filter.

Microwaves , Appliances
Sign in to answer a question
3 Answers from these members:
Joseph Perez
I am sorry that you are having some difficulties replacing the filter on your microwave and I will be happy to help. I did some research and I was able to find a link that will guide you with your project. I hope this helps with replacing the filter while you wait for your expert response.
by Joseph Perez Earned 1,551 community points in Appliances
December 22nd, 2012
Answered in 5 minutes
0 votes
To view more answers
Join Now
Didn't find what you are looking for? Ask a question