Bought this on sale from The Great Indoors when it was going out of business. We are very happy with the set! It looks great and the seats are very comfortable. The chairs are sturdy and really like the end ones that rock and swivel. The only annoying thing was the assembly of the table. It was a bit difficult getting the legs on, Initally tried to place the table on top of the legs and then adjust the fitting. This did not work. Had the lay the table upside down on the ground and then screw the legs on. Flipping the table over with the legs was difficult becuase of the weight and the leg clearance. Needed my brother-in-law to help with this. FYI that table is very heavy!!
So, after reading all of the reviews we decided on this table. The delivery was great (we have TONS of stairs) and the Sears guys made it so smooth and fast! I can't believe that no one talked about the HEAT this thing generates! Granted it is really pretty but honestly, you can fry a freakin' egg on it if you don't have an umbrella! So, my nephew was the first victim -he pounded his fist in a temper tantrum and boy, did that backfire!! Little 7 year old Drake ended up with first to second degree burns on his little demanding hands, I can't lie, I did giggle a bit (Drake is an *******). If you buy this table, take note of who your friends are and warn them about the lava like temperature. If you don't like the people at your party, you have SUCH an advantage! That said, enjoy!
This table at first sight is beautiful. However, after purchasing in May, we had numerous issues by September. The tiles started to raise from the table which caused it to be uneven. We contacted Sears and Agio and our complaints went unanswered. After the second summer, the tiles were not only raised (which made it difficult to set food/drinks on) but they started to pop off. We continued to contact Sears and Agio and have never received anything back. Terrible table and disappointing customer service. I would not recommend this product or using these companies for this type of purchase. We are now left with a very heavy table that we either have to re-level and re-tile or discard.
Bought this set in 6/14 and within 2 months the tiles started to buckle and loosen. Sent an email to AGIO along with pictures. They sent a new one which did not arrive until 1/27/15. Bottom line is that this table is not made for a climate like Montana which has tremendous heat fluctuations. The fine print in the warranty booklet said that the table should be stored inside in the winter. Well good luck with that it weighs at least 250 lbs. It is now May and I have yet to open the box on the new one that was put in my garage for the remainder of the winter(which got down to -15 degrees F). I hope that the tiles have not buckled on the new one. If it has I will probably be out of luck since it looks as if the Sears warranty is only 90 days.
The table and chairs are stable and sturdy. I have no patience for the cheaper sets that are usually unbalanced and tip with the distribution of weight so that one leg is always off the ground. A very good buy if you follow the sales and use your SYW points.
The tabletop is made of stone and faux stone tiles and it is huge – 42x 84. Also heavy, I mean real HEAVY. It will take 2 strong people to move and assemble. The grout between the tiles will likely require some maintenance over the years. But the set should last and it’s nice enough to want to keep.
The chairs are comfortable and durable. Assembly took a lot longer than expected, because the holes of seat did not lineup exactly with the frame. I used a wood clamp to lineup the pieces so not to stripe the bolts. The offset is likely due to the packaging and the weight of the contents. That being said, the packaging was exceptional. Every piece was individually wrapped and strapped. For storage purposes, the chairs do not stack.
We love the set. We've had this set for two years now and we still love it. The design is very nice, chairs are comfortable and umbrella is holding up in the direct sun without any changes. The only one thing is that the table top is made of squares of stones and the stone chips off in layers. Therefore some of the peaces chipped off and there is barely any stone left there. I still like the set but I am hoping that the last part of the squares will stay put on our table.
was looking for a large set for a larger deck. Found this set in Sears and an acceptable price. Sears experience was fine, delivery and assembly went fine and on schedule. Had a good experience overall reaching Agio Support and getting them to respond via email and phone.
- Sears has 0 responsibility around the product once it was sold: any problems with quality or anything else, one must contact Agio directly.
- Table top quality turned out to be terrible. Tiles held together by a layer of cement started chipping/separating from the table within 2 months of delivery. Whole lines of tile started rising relative to other lines on the tabletop also within 2 months. As a result - there a many cracks between individual tiles, between tile layer and the cement layer. Cement looks of bad quality as it turns into powder under normal use. Interesting how Roman cement has lasted for thousands of years, but brand new and modern cement-related technology lasted for several weeks. Unacceptable.
- while support communication itself was fine, the result was also unacceptable: new table will have to be delivered from China. ETA: 2 months. This means the table will be of limited use this summer and i will have to deal with this in the fall.
- the fact that the factory is in China and it takes awhile to ship something to the US is not relevant to me. I expect the product of this price to last for at least a few years. I also expect the company to resolve their logistics in order to provide proper support of its warranties. This is clearly a management issue, probably aimed at saving money.
- The table is extremely heavy. 2 grown men had to assemble it and more around to the final placement. Any subsequent need to work on it is going to be next to impossible for 1 person.
- Per Agio support - if and when the new table gets delivered, it will only be delivered to the curb. This means that actual taking care of the problem will also be problematic (at least not easy) for me. There is no option to pay $20-30 to assist with replacement.
- No assurances could be given by Agio that a replacement table will last any longer than 2 months.
Bottom line: while the set looks fine for the first few weeks, buying this product will not be worth the hassle and will end up being a waste of money. Support Options are inadequate and the fact that it is sold by Sears is not a positive in terms of post-sale involvement.
I expect to get the new table, put it in place and then look for another table from a competitor by early Spring shelling out more money.
Advise - look for another set from another manufacturer.