Just got it and finished my yard off much quicker than any other mower/tractor I have ever had. It actually goes much faster than you want to mow but pedal is like accelerator on a car so easy to control. No need for zero turn with 6" turn and reverse pedal. Very impressive!
One compelling problem that ALL OWNERS of this model will eventually experience is the "grinding in reverse sound". I've had two Sears Repair Techs come out to diagnose issue this month. Both techs refused to make any repairs. Here's why - this problem is so common with this model that their protocol for repair, based on manufacturer's recommendation, dictate that they not repair or replace parts, unless tractor will not go into reverse or go forward. According to the Sear's repair tech, it's not worthwhile for Sears to repair/replace tranny, since grinding sound WILL return within 2 to 3 months or sooner. The plastic transmission housing is the culprit, however, manufacturer is unwilling to call it a defect. Repair tech also mentioned that it may be worth trying to return tractor for credit and spending $200-300 extra on tractor with metal transmission housing. We will see in the next day or two if Sear's customer service will do the right thing.
Picked one of these this afternoon. Loaded easily into the back of my Ram pickup, though it's width just barely clears the wheel wells. Got it offloaded, filed the gas tank an proceeded to give it a serious challenge in an area of our property that hadn't been mowed in two years and contained rough prairie grass in places that was over two feet high. This puppy waded right through without hesitation. Was really impressed with the fine consistency of the discharge. The only complaints I have is 1) The forward and reverse pedals are a bit close to one another for anyone having a larger shoe size and 2) haven't figured out an easy way to mount a hitch adapter for a receiver type hitch ball to be able to move trailers around like I was able to do with a now dead Cub Cadet. Going to be a bit of an engineering challenge because of the nature of the back of the tractor and location of the gas tank. For whatever reason there is no common adapter for these Husqvarna made tractors.
I purchased this mower online in August 2016. I have used this mower for about 3 months and have about 20 hours of use. I also purchased the Craftsman 9 Bushel 3- Bin Soft Bagger at the same. I have about 2 acres of lawn with many, many mature trees. I have used it for mowing and picking up leaves. Overall I am very pleased with my purchase and enjoy using the mower. Most of the cons are mainly nuisances and I can deal with them.
1. The tight turn is awesome. I can go around trees without having to back up. This saves me a lot of time because of all of the trees that I have to mow around. This is one of the main reason I purchased this mower.
2. The fast auto transmission is nice for quickly getting from one place to another, but not really good for mowing at high speed. I knew this before purchasing.
3. I used to use a nice backpack style leaf blower for leaf removal and this would take me about 6 hours to clear the leaves from my yard. With the bagger on the mower I can clear the leaves from the yard in about 3 hours. Of course I do have to empty the bagger about 20 times but this is easy.
4. Mower starts easily and every time.
5. My old mower(**********) had a button you had to press every time you wanted to back up. This mower has a position on the ignition key switch that allows you to back up without having to press a button every time.
1. The lawn mower was delivered without the keys, oil drain tube, garden hose quick connect for cleaning the deck, bolts for the battery terminals and the manuals. Luckily I caught this before the delivery people left. They made some calls and was able to get a manager at a local Sears store(I purchased the mower online) to ship me these items. They said the official response from Sears was for me to return the mower and wait for them to deliver another mower. This would have been a stupid way to handle it. In the end it all worked out.
2. If I turn the wheels all the way to mow around a tree and I am going relatively fast the mower deck on the outside of the turn will dig into the ground. The solution is to go a little slower around trees.
3. When going over bumpy terrain, the mower deck height adjustment lever sometimes jumps down a notch.
4. The mower deck height adjustment lever is a little difficult to get into the highest position.
5. I have small spot in the lawn that is steeper than the 15 degrees the mower is rated for. When mowing on this area the mower will stall(The belt to the transmission slips). If I continue to hold the “gas” down, the belt will eventually catch and the mower takes off again. I will probably be replacing the belt sooner than normal.
6. The sight gage for the fuel level is useless. It is so opaque that you can’t really see the fuel level.
7. Other people have stated that the “gas” pedal was a little too tall for their liking. I thought the same thing at first but have gotten used to it over time and it doesn’t really cause me any issues.
After first two weekends of mows i can tell you I love this machine.
My half acre is now takes sub-30 min, compared to 2hrs with push mower.
Gets into tight spaces well and fits perfectly in my 8ft truck bed. (Dodge ram)
Cant wait to tool this up for snow removal and really see what all 22 HP can do.