I installed these in my home gym located in the basement, directly on the concrete floor. They are very easy to install, all you need is a rubber mallet. The flexibility is great, it allows the tiles to contour to my uneven floor. I also like the grooves underneath that allow any moisture to escape and evaporate. I really like the finished look.
last fall I decided to cover half my 2-car garage flooring with pvc squares.The area is 14x18.The main reason was to spend time in the garage in the cold winter and not walk on cold cement. After this long snowing winter with a lot of slush on the PVC squares, I washed down the squares but most of them were badly stained and I couldn't remove the stains. I then decided to pull up several squares to check the concrete for moisture and the concrete was soaked. As it turned out, I had to pull up all the squares where the vehicles stood. the whole section was soaked. I had the impression that the interlocking system was waterproof. But I was totally wrong. After trying to scrub several squares with a brush, the stains were not coming out. I gave a rating of 2 stars only because of the solid material and the easiness of installation otherwise don't buy this product for a garage with snowy vehicles riding on top.
Not the cheapest , but certainly one of the best . Compares to floors almost twice this price . Gives any garage that finished look . Flexible material hides uneven floors .
The cement floor in my garage had begun to chip. I looked at different types of flooring and this looked to be a good option. I have worked on my car, used a jack, and jack stands. So far, it has held up.
I ordered this product to cover a fairly uneven garage floor and fo this, it works very good. Install was very easy, even for a pretty large garage 27 X 27, which isn't always the case when dealing with this type of flooring.
1. It's form fitting, quiet, fits together tightly, has no joint issues so far, easy to clean with broom, or leafblower ( lol ) but it will SHRED a sponge mop, so don't even try that. It looks nice, and it was very easy to create a cool design given the color choices.
2. The price, compared to similar products.
3. The breathable underside.
4. the fact that when I move, I can take this floor with me.
5. Color match between boxes was perfect. They are all exactly the same, which is uncommon.
1. The Red tiles ( I created a design ) seem to have some kind of oily residue all around the edges that is visible, and apparently from the planet Krypton, because nothing will get rid of it.
2. The craftsman logo on each piece...ugh... makes the floor look like an advertisement rather than a garage floor. But whatever. I new that going in. Just make sure to face each piece the same way when installing.
1: It's pretty easy to poke holes, make rips, or make dents in it if you have heavy things with small legs or wheels on them. I have a motorcycle lift that made some serious irreparable dents, and I wouldn't put a car on jack-stands without a piece of plywood underneath. The PVC turns white whenever under real stress, and you need to hit it with a heat gun to get color to return to normal.
2. The coin pattern ( you should know better ) makes it difficult to roll anything with wheel smaller than maybe 6" in diameter. So your toolboxes on small casters will be a pain to roll around.
In all, this product is exactly what I expected it to be. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.
This rubber flooring was excellent for our garage! Very easily installed, nice clean look and very easy to clean. We use our garage as a work out room and car parking, excellent for both.