You'll find directions on how to update the sewing machine's software and your owners manual on www.SearsPartsDirect.com
, just enter your full model number.
As an example, for model 385.19010200: searspartsdirect.com/model/hwd6q4byq5-000583/kenmore-elite-38519010200-electronic-sewing-machine-parts
Click on "Owners Manual", then on the next page, click on the tab on the left hand side above the manual to switch between the manual and the software update directions.
This is what I found:
Warning: Is something stuck in machine? Is cloth too thick? Is needle bent? Check the above and restart.
1. Replace the foot controller.
2. The machine may be jammed. Remove the timing belt to locate whether the bind is on the upper shaft or lower shaft. If it is the upper shaft, there may be thread caught in the take-up lever or
crank pin. If the lower shaft is binding, check hook clearance, hook backlash.
3. If you continue to have the problem, loosen the screws that hold the metal, lower shaft supporter. While the machine is running slow-to-medium speed, tighten the screws. Clean the sensor on the DC motor and check if the shield plate on the motor is not loose or hitting the sensor. If either the sensor or shield plate is damaged, replace the motor.
4. Clean the lower shaft sensor and make sure the shield plate going thru this sensor is not hitting the sides of the sensor.
5. If you still get the error, replace the DC motor or lower shaft sensor (in this order).
This is the error code chart: janomeservicevideos.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Error-Codes.pdf
These may help: justanswer.com/appliance/al2f2-janome-memory-craft-9000-machine-error.htmlsewing-machine-service-and-repair.com/janome-mc10000-warning-machine-wont-sew
Your Kenmore Elite was made by Janome, here are some service videos that may help: janomeservicevideos.com/
Call Janome Monday through Friday 8:30AM - 5:00PM EST, 1-800-631-0183 for help and/or software updates.
Hope this helps!