I just replaced the thermal fuse and thermometer in my Admiral international Capacity Plus electric dryer
I just replaced the thermal fuse and thermometer in my Admiral international Capacity Plus electric dryer #LNC7764A71. The dryer stopped working and the light was not coming on, although my power supply was just fine. Seemed clear that the thermal fuse had blown. I used the Thermal fuse kit, LA-1053 to repair the dryer. I first opened the front and cleaned out all the lint, which had considerable build-up. Also, I cleaned out the vent and checked that it was venting correctly. All's well. After I replaced the thermal fuse and thermometer following instructions, the dryer now works well and is operating. I successfully ran five reasonably big loads. My question is whether it's normal for the top left of the dryer, just above the heating unit, to get too hot for me to touch for more than a second or two. It isn't so hot as to burn my hand immediately, but I can't leave my hand there for more than a second or two. This is a small area, a bit larger than my hand, at the top left of the dryer immediately above the heating unit. The back of the dryer immediately behind the heating unit also gets pretty hot, and I can't leave my hand there either for more than a second. With the dryer running on normal setting, after about 10 min or so it becomes pretty hot. It cools down fine in the cool down phase at the end. OK? Normal? I can't remember whether it was always hot in this area. The vent is working properly. The clothes are drying just fine. Thanks.
Want to get updates on new answers?this question
Answer this question
Didn't find what you are looking for?
Get up to