Kenmore dryer overheats, causing the thermal cut-off to fail
After an initial cleaning of the exhaust between the dryer and the house, the dryer ran well and stopped heating all together. I troubleshot by following the steps below for "dryer won't heat" issues. Here are steps I took:
1) thoroughly cleaned the exhaust between the dryer and the outside
2) thoroughly cleaned the lint filter and blower area
3) replaced the thermal fuse, thermistor, thermal cut-off and high limit thermostat
4) tested the heating element w/Ohmeter. it reads right around 10 ohms, which I believe is ok
Now, I believe the dryer is overheating and causing the thermal custoff to fail. I replaced the thermal cutoff a second time and tested the dryer with it just venting into the room. Seems to work ok, but I am worried that if I put it back in service, it will overheat again.
Want to get updates on new answers?this question
Answer this question
Didn't find what you are looking for?
Get up to