Skip to content
Manage My Life

How do I disconnect my water softener

I talked with a sears representative 30 minutes ago -- he said any water softener past 10 years old should be replaced -- I have the kenmore ultrasoft 200 - it's about 12 years old - I haven't used it with rock salt for at least a year- now it is leaking - started as a small "overflow" valve leak -- after I took apart cleaned and replaced the nozzle and venturi --I now have a much larger leak -- I think i didn't secure the 0 ring properly --

anyway - long story short -- I just want to route the water past the water softener straight to the water heater -

I know where the bypass valve is and know that if I pushi it the other way that is part of the process - what I don't know is which valves are the outlet and inlet valves - my water softener is in the garage (with the bypass valves -- the outlet and inlet valves are outside and there are more than two valves --

Kenmore , Appliances
2 Answers from these members:
afritz afritz
by afritz afritz Earned 45,235 community points in Kenmore
August 4th, 2011
Answered in 6 hours
0 votes
Manage My Life
by Manage My Life
August 5th, 2011
0 votes
Want to get updates on new answers?
this question
Answer this question
Didn't find what you are looking for? Ask a question
Get up to
% off
On Appliances