Designed for Great Cleaning
Laundry Made Simple
Designed for a Long Life
I have been debating on whether on purchasing this new washer......Currently i have a Samsung WF455argswr/a2 (2013)...From day on, no issues.....except my wife did not like the fact that there was no water....hahahaha.....She was used to the top loader with huge agitator.....did not understand the technology.....during this time, her chief complaint was how the drum started to smell and the drum was vibrating......so i built two platforms out of 2 x 12's, with ¾ plywood for the top and bottom....put nice ½' carpet on top of if.......these things weighed about 100 pounds each......this did not stop the vibration and Samsung said I needed their pedestals....spent $500 and used those...still have vibration......finally figured it out....Wife is hardly putting in any clothes!......that creates a small ball at the bottom of the drum and as it rotates, the ball goes to one side thus creating the unbalanced operation......we have now solved this issue....more clothes..... As far as the oder goes.......we had never used the "Pure Cycle"....we aways drained the tube and cleaned the filter.....but still had oder and mold smell......so today, I emptied the tube and cleaned filter again and ran the pure cycle.....it took 2hrs.....i saw horrible colored water, suds and debris......the debris was the soap and softener build up.....the liquid soap has animal fat and that cannot be dissolved......so now the machine is cleaned, and almost like new....we do not need to buy a new washer...... Here is what we learned: 1. use very little liquid soap........use powdered soap if you can get it....powered soap will not leave the build up material that causes dirt and mold to build up thus creating the oder because as it cannot digest animal fat 2. run the pure cycle or clean cycle at least once every 40 washes if a new machine....if older, run it every 2 months..... 3. make sure you run the machine more then ½ full or with ¾ full loads....these machines are designed to run with 16-20 bath towels.....the more clothes you wash, the better it will clean because of the rubbing of the clothes and, when it spins you will not have the wicked vibration.....also, make sure the machine is level....... Hope this will answer some of the questions and help solve some of the issues people are having.......... Very respectfully submitted, OKU
Product is ok and the price was good. BUT, we fell for Sear's glowing description of what the installation would be like. Here's what really happened (and we're not cranky or stupid, I swear!!): -installers had no tools to install on our old pedestal -installers did not bring parts ordered -installers did not level the washer -installers did not remove all the shipping bolts -installers did not run through a cycle to see if the washer worked or was balanced (or they would have noticed their mistake on the shipping bolts) -installers TOOK our old pedestal and left us with a washer two feet shorter than our dryer, even though we asked them not to. Two hours on hold with customer service got us a promise that we could submit a claim for the $280 pedestal that the installers took. Promised return call from the claims department within three days, it's been over a week. Total bs. In my view Sears owes us a pedestal and installation of the pedestal, to the standards they claimed they would do. Foreign customer service with fake US names was very polite, but uniformly unable to to help. When their phone system hung up on me, I could not get back the the agent I had been working with, despite knowing her (fake) name. NOT customer centric. Good luck!
I was skeptical about getting a front loader because I have heard that they stink sometimes. Well this washer never stinks and I love the features such as Steam cycle and Quick Wash. The sound is minimal and my clothes are always very clean. I would recommend it 100% percent!
Only a year and a in and the pieces are already breaking down after normal use. Very disappointed.
I waited 3 months to post this review so I would have time to use and evaluate the product. I must confess, I am in love. This washer is super quiet and the clothes are clean. It is the easy to use. A consumer will not have problems with this washer if they follow directions on clean the unit and the filters.
We moved to a newly constructed house and I had ot leave my old washer and dryer behind. WE thought the samsung would be perfect for our beautiful new laundry room. Boy how wrong we were.
1) Washer does not clean anywhere near as effectively as my old one which was 10 years old. Clothes seem dingier after a year of washing in this machine.
2) Front "add wash" feature is rather silly. You have to stop the washer full stop before using the little front door, at which time you might as well open the large one. The little front door frequently smells awful, and I was told by a repair man that we need to wipe it down after every load. So this great "time saving" washer now requires me to open the useless little door and wipe it down after every load?
3) No real control. Do not be fooled by the buttons - you can't change some of the setting depending on which cycle you choose. For example, if you want to wash something on extra hot, with low spin - good luck finding that setting. Normal won't allow me to go above warm. ?Heavy duty lets me do really hot, but I can't do no spin. I just want to select the combos I want - not something that someone at Samsung decided was optimal.
4) Leaks constantly ... had service person in as it was constantly triggering our wet floor alarm. Was told it's normal that it's just the "overflow" . seriously - normal for a washer to leak?
5) Thought we would use the notify system - nope never use it - never.
The only thing I like about this washer is the little song it plays when it's done. (a song which drives my husband batty btw ;)
Best washing machine! Love the steam cycles, extra large capacity, and the sharp looking black stainless steel!